Halloween Inspired Crochet Coasters
Hey y'all, it's fall! What better way to celebrate the season than to crochet something Halloween related. One item that we are always low on are coasters. Between the kids and cats, they just disappear in the black hole that also steals socks. When I think of Halloween, for some reason, candy corn comes to mind. Even though, I cannot stand it, the colors and shape of candy corn is appealing to the eye. That is what led me to begin thinking of different color patterns for a Halloween inspired crochet coaster!
This pattern is perfect for beginners and experience crocheters alike. Cotton yarn is the perfect choice as it will absorb the water better. Just make sure that if it is on a wood surface to be careful of watermarks.
What You'll Need
- Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn in Orange, Yellow and White. I used Sugar 'n Cream yarn in Black, White, Hot Orange, Yellow and Warm Brown.
- An H size crochet hook
- Yarn Needle
Halloween Inspired Coaster Pattern
- With Orange: Chain 21, HDC in 2nd ch from hook and across, ch 2, turn
- Extended Half Double Crochet (EHDC) in 1st st and across, ch 2, turn
- With Yellow: HDC in 1st st and across, ch 2, turn
- EHDC in 1st st and across, ch 2, turn
- HDC in 1st st and across, ch 2, turn
- With White: EHDC in st st and across, ch 2, turn
- HDC in 1st st and to end of row, weave in all ends.